This page is under construction. Please check back for updates!
Ways you can help an orphan
Consider Holding a Drive at Your Next Event!
Occasionally, we get a request for information that can be handed out with a child’s birthday party invitations, baby shower invitations or other event information, in order to invite the attendees to donate toward the needs of orphans. Nothing blesses us more than to hear of a child who has learned of the needs of orphans and has, on their own with no prompting, decided they want donations instead of birthday presents for themselves! If you can hold a drive at an event or even just as a drive itself, or if you want to donate personally toward the collection or purchase of needed items, we welcome you to do that and it is much appreciated!
Needs in Guatemala:
CCI is looking toward our Christmas/January 2013/2014 trip to Guatemala. As we will have very limited luggage space, we are seeking donations of toiletry items which are desperately needed, especially for the pre-teen/teenagers there:
- Toothbrushes AND toothbrush holders
- Maxi pads (no tampons please)
- Disposable razors for the teenage guys and girls
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Hair “things” (scrunchies, barrettes, pins, etc.)
- Wash clothes and/or body poufs
Ongoing needs include:
- Socks of all ages, both genders
- New shoes (preferably enclosed, sturdy shoes for school) (no flip-flops please)
- Bras (up to size 36c)
- Underwear, all ages, both genders
- Training pants/underwear
- Backpacks and school supplies
Needs in Haiti:
- The Haitian Humanitarian Aid Program Needs:
- French or Creole Bibles
- Shoes: new or very gently used
- Clothes, Underwear, and Socks
- School Supplies
- Volunteers to travel to Haiti for the December/January 2014 mission trip
Needs in Ethiopia:
- Diapers, clothe or disposable, any size!
- Baby wipes
- Powdered formula, any kind!